Sunday, May 10, 2009

May 10, 2009 Happy Mother's Day / Carlsbad Caverns


Being a mother and grandmother is the best ever! Happy Mother's Day to all who love and nurture and I am so blessed to have so many of you in my life.


This is my clan. My two son's their wives and 4 of my grandchildren. I had to dub Marina into the picture because she was the one behind the camera. Also missing is my step children Kim and Casey and my grandson Gabriel. Love you all!

Getting closer to home. I can't believe we have been on the road since Feb. 10th.

When we left I was showing you pictures of snow now the wild flower are in bloom.

Boy Texas sure was a long ride. It is 830 miles across. Look how the terrain is changing.

Looks like Palmdale. We are now in New Mexico.



Oh Yea! Feels like Palmdale.


We stayed 4 night and 5 days at a KOA in Carlsbad, New Mexico. It was beatuiful. They even had a dog park.





This is the natural entrance to Carlsbad Caverns. The seats are there because each night just befor dark the bats fly out for you to view. Ahhhh no thanks. We got to the bottom of the caverns in an elevator. The elevator dropped 70 stories in just a short time. Scarry!
I'm sorry my pictures did not come out better, but then we were in a cave and it was pretty dark. However, you would really have to be their to enjoy the beauty.





Well that is all for now. We head out tomorrow morning. Not sure where we are headed.

No comments:

Post a Comment